July 2021. If you know of any other gardens that we missed, please contact us so we can keep the list current. Thanks!
- Barrett Community Center, 835 Belburn Dr, Belmont – City of Belmont, Private plots for residents (650) 595-7441
- Community Garden @ Bayside Fields, 1125 Airport Bl, City of Burlingame, private plots, (650) 558-7300
- Phil’s Garden CLOSED. Serramonte del Rey neighborhood in Daly City started at the SerramonteTheraputic Day School on school district land. Despite petitions, the garden was razed in 2022 in order to provide teacher housing.
- Woodrow Wilson School Garden, collaboration between CalFresh Healthy Living, UCCE San Mateo County and local school increases access to green spaces and empowers youth through a Garden Buddy system.
East Palo Alto
- East Palo Alto Library, 2415 University Ave, teaching garden project of Fresh Approach.
- Collective Roots, 1785 Woodland Ave, individual plots & some commercial plots, run by Fresh Approach, preference to residents in underserved communities. Education, volunteer opportunities
Half Moon Bay
- Coastside Friendship Organic Garden AKA c-FOG, at Johnston saltbox historical property, communal garden for volunteers and community food banks.
- Pacifica Gardens, 830 Rosita Road, urban agricultural project, biointensive food gardens, permaculture food forest, native plants, herbs, fruit tree mini-orchard, large-scale composting, elementary school field trips, youth community service program, food donation program. Communal gardening, volunteer teams.
- Guadalupe Gardens @ St. Francis Center (on the Hetch Hetchy Right-of-Way), Marlborough Ave, serves clients of the Center.
- Encore Apartments (residents only) – Veterans Blvd
- Radius Apartments (residents only) – 620 Veterans Blvd
- Friendship Park Garden (Hetch Hetchy Right-of-Way), 290 Huntington Ave, serves adjacent affordable housing.
- Master Gardeners Fair Oaks Active Adult Education Garden, 2600 Middlefield Road.
- McGarvey Field Community Orchard, Red Morton Park behind the McGarvey Field Wall
- Sequoia Childrens Center, Brewster & Clinton, children’s garden.
- Vera & Alameda Community Orchard, Alameda de las Pulgas & Vera Ave adjacent to Roosevelt school
- Whole Foods Community Garden, Jefferson & Adams
- Beresford Community Garden, 2701 Parkview Way, individual plots for city residents. Some gardeners grow for the Samaritan House Food Pharmacy.
- George Hall Elementary School Garden, a parent/teacher/student project
- Los Prados Community Garden, 1837 Bahia St, individual plots for city residents
- San Mateo County Phoenix Garden, Tower Road County Complex, project of Youth Services and Probation Dept. Volunteer opportunities.
- Persimmon Park Community Garden, 2999 Baze Rd, for residents of the Bay Meadows development.
South San Francisco
- South San Francisco Community Garden, Commercial Ave near Chestnut, for city residents.
- Unity Lutheran Church Community Garden, 609 Southwood Drive, volunteers grow for community meals.
Peninsula Villages??? Let us know if you have any details.