July 2021. If you know of any other gardens that we missed, please contact us so we can keep the list current. Thanks!
- Barrett Community Center, 835 Belburn Dr, Belmont – City of Belmont, Private plots for residents (650) 595-7441
- Community Garden @ Bayside Fields, 1125 Airport Bl, City of Burlingame, private plots, (650) 558-7300
- Phil’s Garden @ Serramonte Theraputic Day School, school garden
- Woodrow Wilson School Garden, collaboration between CalFresh Healthy Living, UCCE San Mateo County and local school increases access to green spaces and empowers youth through a Garden Buddy system.
East Palo Alto
- East Palo Alto Library, 2415 University Ave, teaching garden project of Fresh Approach.
- Collective Roots, 1785 Woodland Ave, individual plots & some commercial plots, run by Fresh Approach, preference to residents in underserved communities. Education, volunteer opportunities
Half Moon Bay
- Coastside Friendship Organic Garden AKA c-FOG, at Johnston saltbox historical property, communal garden for volunteers and community food banks.
- Pacifica Gardens, 830 Rosita Road, urban agricultural project, biointensive food gardens, permaculture food forest, native plants, herbs, fruit tree mini-orchard, large-scale composting, elementary school field trips, youth community service program, food donation program. Communal gardening, volunteer teams.
- Guadalupe Gardens @ St. Francis Center (on the Hetch Hetchy Right-of-Way), Marlborough Ave, serves clients of the Center.
- Encore Apartments (residents only) – Veterans Blvd
- Radius Apartments (residents only) – 620 Veterans Blvd
- Friendship Park Garden (Hetch Hetchy Right-of-Way), 290 Huntington Ave, serves adjacent affordable housing.
- McGarvey Field Community Orchard, Red Morton Park behind the McGarvey Field Wall
- Sequoia Childrens Center, Brewster & Clinton, children’s garden.
- Vera & Alameda Community Orchard, Alameda de las Pulgas & Vera Ave adjacent to Roosevelt school
- Whole Foods Community Garden, Jefferson & Adams
- Beresford Community Garden, 2701 Parkview Way, individual plots for city residents. Some gardeners grow for the Samaritan House Food Pharmacy.
- George Hall Elementary School Garden, a parent/teacher/student project
- Los Prados Community Garden, 1837 Bahia St, individual plots for city residents
- San Mateo County Phoenix Garden, Tower Road County Complex, project of Youth Services and Probation Dept. Volunteer opportunities.
- Persimmon Park Community Garden, 2999 Baze Rd, for residents of the Bay Meadows development.
South San Francisco
- South San Francisco Community Garden, Commercial Ave near Chestnut, for city residents.
- Unity Lutheran Church Community Garden, 609 Southwood Drive, volunteers grow for community meals.
Peninsula Villages??? Let us know if you have any details.